Saturday, January 01, 2011

Years they come and years they go...

...but god I love that rock and roll. Those fast blunt puns hit you at the most unexpected times.

A more socially acceptable new years was had this year: people, I think, were somewhat concerned about my plans to sit in solitude and drink three bottles of wine while eating new years' steak. Instead, Although the quantity of wine did not change, it was instead a new years' roast and a night of talk, shouting, sitting on roofs, making the word 'poo' out of legos. Today, the day of rest after the festivities, I watched four movies. Pizza for breakfast.

It could be considered the sweet life. Except, we all know this isn't life at all. Excuse me for being a whiny bastard, but you can feel it start to come down. The painting isn't finished and you're out of paint. We all fall down. Etc. Other expressions of woe and doom. What. The. Fuck.

Anyway. Other news. Yes. I am now the proud owner of the title of Uncle. Saw the small child of my sister on boxing day. Less than two weeks old. When placed in my arms to have my photo taken, the young one promptly introduced himself to me by emptying his bowels with what could be described as the throbbing noise you sometimes get when you hold a dry rag up to a window and drag it with some force. I'm sure it will colour our relationship forevermore.

Language is an important thing. It has certainly been my life for 7 years now. I will enjoy talking to a tiny human when he can, I certainly don't have a huge amount else to offer. But I can teach words like "oxymoron" and"prandial". Some scientists and philosophers think that language might be the defining factor between "human" and "animal". Neat.

Christmas also happened. I got bubble mixture, quite possibly the best present you can receive. Bubbles make everything better.

No comments: