Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My shoulder aches.

Today I thought it would be good to grow some swan plants. You know, those plants that only monarch butterfly catterpilliars will eat. Unfortunately, Monarch Caterpiliars eat alot. ALOT. And lots of swan plants die. So what I would do is grow lots of swan plants undercover, and then when they reach maturity take the covers off for a day or two. Then I would recover them. Hopefully this would mean that only a few butterflies would lay eggs on the plants so that the caterpiliars would have enough to eat and the plants would not die and I could do the same thing every year, the releasing of the grown monarch butterflies beccoming a yearly event for me which I would enjoy with a bottle of wine made from a few of my own vines as I slowly grew old and bitter and more cynical on a small lifestyle block just south of gisbourne.
Where this thought came to me from I do not know. I breifly considered making this little segment a part of a story, but I think I can do better. And this is what this website is partially for: the dumpbox of Ideas I no longer feel need to be inside me. And a dumpbox for the occurances of my life, of course.
In other news, I am supposed to play squash with my grandmother tomorow (or today as the case may be, you picky bastard). Unfortunately, my shoulder hurts like fire and brimstone for some reason and, as I am sure you are aware, my gradmother is not an easy opponent. Some might say that I being 45 odd years younger than her would be an advantage, but in squash the more experiance you have the better.
Or I am just greviously unfit. GREVIOUSLY.

Man I like that verb. Is it a verb? I get confused between verbs and the other ones. Anyway, "Greviously" is a great word. Think about what it means.

1 comment:

Mrs. Cocker-mills not related to Heather said...

I'm going to go with adverb. Or intensifier...