Wednesday, June 03, 2009

And a time better you had not having...yes.

It has been a long time... and yes, you may feel like you have read this line many times before, but many things have, in fact, happened.

I finished my teaching degree. Then I worked as a relief teacher for half a year. Unfortunately, my school, which was a rather un-traditional school and let me drink coffee while I taught, shut down. Such a shame I have never known. I don't think I could actually get closer to my ideal job, apart from my reccurring dream that when I retire I shall open a book-store/ wine bar. You heard it here first folks, and if I find you have stolen my Idea I shall hunt you down, take your kneecaps and sell them to foriegeners as overpriced trinkets from the japanese meiji era. AS you write in hell, know that you are part of a horribly racist conspiricay bent only towards money-making.

After having woked in such a wonderful school I found myself rather lacking in enthusiasm when it came to teaching in a more...traditional...school. Enter Honors english, at the presitgious university of wellington, where apparently I am a god. As you may recall, troughout my undergrad diploma I did mot much more than drink and sleep, only deigning to write an essay when curcumstances demanded. Not much has changed in my accademic lyfestyle now, but apparently even though I spend little time on my essays, and I hand in my first drafts, and my tutors know I hand in my first drafts, their cmments tell me so, but still I get A's and B's. I might as well just pay for an diploma over the internet and be done with it.

But now, against all expectations, I seem to have found myslef with a woman person. Perhaps that is why I haven't been writing lately. Or not. Maybe I just dont like you.

Next time I shall write more witt things, and soon, I promise.

1 comment:

daveawayfromhome said...

Well.
I check in here, oh, every month or so, just on the off chance that something new has appeared, and, lo! there it is, on the very day that you've written it. Astonishing.
Until next time.