Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Birthday Computer!

Wow, it all works in together, does it not? I just reciently got a new computer for my birthday, which is actually in about six months, but hey, Im not complaining, and just now have got the internet up and running, just in time to celebrate the first birthday of my blog! Thats right, I have been spilling crap onto the internet almost daily from my humble begginings back in 29th May, 2005. Woo, it's been along journey, hasn't it? Looking back, I find that I can remember almost nothing that has happened over the last year, but just for fun, lets look at some of the highlights and lowlights that has been 'Highly Flannable, 2005-06!'
1: New computer. Ahh, it's good to have my very own piracy machine, stocked full of music that my friend stole for me from artists. Gives me the nice fuzzies.
2: Desent into alcoholism! It's been a bumpy road with the bottle, I must say. I have always been a bit of a drinker, but a little while ago it just got fricken ridiculous. Happily, however, I am getting better, now only drinking about as much as I used to, and on the road to socially acceptable sobriety.
3: Relationship breakup. Well, Im single now. Come get it ladies! Theres enough Flan to go ALL the way around!
4: Three flats. Considering I don't like moving, I seem to do it a hell of a lot. I have lived in three flats since the start of this blog, slept on floors, couches, a closet, the roof and gutters. I now sleep in a bed, but that was only good fourtune. But good times all round with my many dwellings. Friends made, TV watched, general amusement had.
5: Nonsense. I have to say that at least 95% of my life seems to be made up of nonsense, especially if the posts here are anything to go by. But I like nonsense. Nothing better in my opinion. My crazy opinion.

Whew, what an exciting recap! All that not much! Well, this year I have many plans.
1: Buy A Scooter. I plan to live in the wops of welly next year, and need some form of transport, I suppose. I want a bright orange scooter, with a neon green seat.
2: Learn Japanese. I have been planning to do this since time immemorial, and have now just started! I know all the Hiragana symbology! Pitty I can't speak anything yet.
3: Graduate from my BA: I had better do this I suppose. Cant let the last two years of semi-work go to waste, now can I?
4: Get some story published: A much less concrete goal, but I keep on writing, so I might as well aim for publication.

And thats about it. Past, future, a little bit of the present. All is good. Off to go make dinner.

No comments: