Thursday, May 04, 2006

Hell is 9 hours of work

Damn am I tired! So very, very tired. Too tired. Yesterday I worked. it was hell. For about three hours, the cafe was packed. Packed full. Of crazy coffee drinker, making sounds at me and expectiong me to understand what they were saying. I couldn't sit down. I couldn't rest. The horde of crazies just kept comming, and comming, and comming.
And after my shift I still had to go into town and pay for a ticket to 'Death of a salesman' so that I would not faill my course. I am seeing the show tonight. The essay is due tommorow. I don't particularly like the play. I think it is boring and overladen with 'meaning'. What I really want to see in the theatre is a play that is like a Arnold movie. Two minutes of plot set up, then an hour and a half of pyrotecnichs, bad dialouge and guns. I can't be bothered with all this 'thinking' malarky.
Last night, my portfolio from the creative writing workshop I did was returned to me, complete with comments. I drank some wine to ease the pain. I still have a lot of work to do before I can start making money. So much work to do. The stories will proably have to become twice as long. Damn and stuff. But I passed the course, so credit towards my degree and so forth.

Lots of tutorials today, but for now I am going to go do the crossword. No Im not, I left it at work. Now I am going to sit. I like sitting.

No comments: