Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Coin op and everything!

It has been a long time since I have posted. And an unusual amount has happened also. All in one night, in fact. One 17hour night, to celebrate my mates twentyith birthday. This is what happened:

11am: Me mate called me up after his exam had finished, not the one having the birthday, lets call him 'D', to meet him a go to his place.
Noon: Went to the place, which is up a bloody mountain, and met my mate, whos birthday it was, lets call him 'Hobbs', and his parents. Hobbs parents had apparently decided that what Hobbs really, really needed for his twentyith birthday was a hangover, and since they are generous people, bought six bottles of wine, 24 bottles of tui, four bottles of expensive beer, and a bottle of Jim Beam so that the rest of us could all partake in the hangover also. Good poeple. I wish my parents would get me hangovers every now and then. This present of near unlimited booze kinda overshadowed the present that myself and D had gotten Hobbs: A $30 Wharehouse voucher.
Noon - 4pm: This time was spent with a three way poker tournament between myself, 'D' and Hobbs, in the only way we knew: Drunk and listning to Queens of the Stone Age.
5pm: Went to the local bar 'B4', where we meet up with friends, played pool and finished off the keg of 'Hogg Gold', a beer that retails at $2 a handle. Well, it did. We finished it off. Then we drank $3 speights. Needless to say that when we left an hour and a half later, our games of pool were a lot less impressive than they had been.
6:30-ish-pm: Went to a BYO restruant with our 6 bottles of wine to share between 8 of us, and had a good, loud, indan meal. I am quite certain that the restruant was happy to be rid of us.

Now, up until this point, the night had been civil and not anything at all like what I was expecting. Of course, my friends never dissapoint me, especially after they have been drinking for 6 hours, and things started to get more interesting from here on in.

8pm: Went to a a friends flat, lets call her 'Sunny', and proceeded to make Sunny's party much more interesting. The 8 of us procured about five more bottle of wine and drank as I tried to organize a game of wink murder, as Hobbs completly failed to do a handstand and another of our friends decided to start tackeling pretty much everyone. After a few hours a consensus was reached: We would now go and infultrate another party. So the 8 of us hit the road, now with Sunny and a few extra friends in tow.
11pm: About twelve of us turn up to this unassuming party, we had lost a couple of pikers along the way, and proceeded to be loud and apparently very muddy as we took the party by storm and ate all the party food that we could. It has been the first, and hopefully only, private house party that I have been kicked out of. Well, we were all kicked out. There was basically a blanket edict of eviction issued against us all.
Midnight: Are we ready to stop the party yet? Disheartened by our rejection? NO! We wen't looking for more rejection, and so of course headded for the Kumera, where once again I seemed to have the plauge. How can everyone tell this? More people ran away home, and after a while and a few drinks, the remaning six of us went out to find more action.
3pm: Went to a bar called 'Vespa', where the popular reply to any pick up line is 'I don't think my boyfriend would appreciate that.'
3:30: More people left our happy gang, but myself, Hobb, D and Sunny were going strong. We went to 'The Brewry" to annoy a flatmate we knew, then went to Espressaholic for coffee. But still there was no sobriety to be found. D and Sunny decided to go home. That left myself and Hobbs, who decided to have another crack at the Kumera.
4pm: The Kumera still sucks. We leave, and almost immediately my luck improves. I have a few more drinks and a very nice talk with an attractive lady. The moment was slightly marred by the fact that I had just paid her to take her clotes off. Yup, once again me and my mate Hobbs rounded off a night of near constant denial with a trip to Mermaids.
7am: Got home for six hours of sleep. D came home after spending the night at Sunnys where nothing happened at 10am, and all three of us watched Tv until the next day.

Good times indeed.

On thursday I have an Exam. This has been very effective procrastination to studying,.

No comments: