Monday, April 17, 2006

Cricket

I am guessing alot of people may not know this, because I have kept it under the rug, in the closet and in various pits in the garden as much as I can. This thing, that will surprise alot of you, is that I am, actually, a raving spots lunatic.
This is why i look forward to winter, and to summer, and in fact all the seasons. In winter I believe there is no better pursuit than lying wrapped up in a duvet with a pizza and a 24 pack of Tui and watch the Ab's play the Aussies or the South African's, and in the summer I am quite content to while the day away in a pub or on a enbankment watching the cricket. And this is why, at 12:40am, I am awake watching the live coverage of the Black caps vs. South Africa test match, 2nd day.
Now, even though I may be bored and starved of freindship, usually I would still refrain from broadcasting my sports knowledge over the net. But today I am appaled. I am appaled that Jacob Oram and Daniel Vettori have scored more runs in their partnership than all the top oder batsmen put together. Hang on, one or two of you cricket illeterates might say, 'I know the name Vettori, (and some might even know Oram), aren't they good cricketteers?' Yes, they are good. They are good bowlers. Not batsmen. And there is a big difference. It isn't simply just swinging a woody clum at a ball. The fact that bloody flemming still hasn't managed to get more than 19 runs the last five times ive seen him is crazy. Bloody hell.
And Vettori just brought up his half-century.

Anyway, finally! I got a strawpeoplesong downloaded! Now Playing: Sweet as the Punch, by the bloodhound gang! Yay!

No comments: