Monday, April 17, 2006

Multi media RAGE!

Today I watched a recap episode of 'Desperate Housewives.' What they should really call the show is 'CRAZY FUCKIN HOUSEWIVES AND THE CRAZIES AROUND THEM.' Because when I am in wellington I do not have a TV that works, I have not seen any substansial amount of TV for about two months. And yes, I am one of those people who get ridiculously hooked to TV programs. Scrubs, for example. But when you have been out of the loop for awhile and then have all the crazy condensed and fed through your veins intraveiniously, it starts to seem a little strange. How can anyone truly beleive a plot line like that? My old english teacher used to talk alot about shakesphere and the 'suspension of disbelief' that the audience needed to keep while watching a play like 'Romeo and Juliet', but a plot in which two kids meet, marry, sex and die in five days is nothing compared to most of what is on TV these days. Lost, for example. Show that to some Elizabethans and they would stone you. For some reason it has now become accepted to pile absurdity upon absurdity, murder upon murder, plot twist upon polt twist, and call it a 'story'. And it is accepted. Sure, this is fine in a comedy, like the simpsons or scrubs, wher certain rules are automatically thrown out the window, but we have to draw the line somewhere, right?
And we need to kill reality TV.

I have run out of things to download. I just don't have a big enough music knowledge base .Other people introduce me to music. I hardly ever find it on my own. Perhaps it is because I don't own a radio. But that isn't my fault. I don't own a radio because radio stations are crap. Nine songs in a row? That would be fine, Mr. Radio, if these weren't the same nine songs that were playing four months ago. as far as I am aware, new songs ARE comming out all the time. Mix it up a bit! Stop, Stop please God STOP playing that stupid Audioslave song all the fucking time, every fucking morning. It ruined my morning coffee three months ago, it certanly doesn't make it nice and rosy now. And the hour blocks of commercials between song blocks? Also not cool. Very not cool.
So we need to kill all radio people too. Especially the breakfast crews. Joke about frozen poo? Don't want to hear it. How about a stupid quiz? I don't want to think just after I have arisen. False and Falsetto laughter? My, why don't I just drive these here toothpicks into my ears and then go have a frontal lobotomy? THE RESULT IS THE SAME!

So yes, I hate all media. Unfortunately, this means I am completly out of touch wit the world. But it's a price I am willing to pay.

No comments: