Saturday, April 15, 2006

Temporial warp.

Well, I am now back in Waipuk. There are several diffences between Waipukurau and Wellington, but when you are situated in one for any amount of time you forget just how different the other is. And the biggest difference is time.
After your four hour journey though the undulating coutryside of new zealand, up the east coast and through a number of towns which shouldn't really exist, like Shannon, except that people have to drive through them to get to other places, I always find that I have carried a little bit of wellington in whatever vehicle I am traveling in. Like in a plane, where they shut you in and recycle the air, comming round Pukeora hill into waipuk is like opening the plane door for the first time. Your comfortable, compact little peice of whatever place you came from is sucked out into nothing and you are hit full on by the climate of whatever place you happen to be in. Sometimes the climate is hot, sometimes the climate is cold. In Waipuk the climate is Boredom.
Time travels at half speed in waipuk. In welly time has to compact itself to get between the buildings, but in waipuk it just spreads the fuck out and says 'nope, Im not going nowhere fast.' And, because it's waipuk, it then says 'ow bro.'
I kinda like it. It is nice to just sit around in a place where it is not always raining, and vegetate for a little while. The big shock, of course, happens when you step off the bus in welly.

so what have I been doing for the last couple of days? No doubt you have been missing the witty recount of my every waking moment. Well, let me tell you! I went to Tussock bar, the massey bar, and drank too much. Because it was $5.50 a jug. Thats alot of booze, for not much money. Then on friday, I was hungover. This is surprising. i haven't been hungover in a little while. So I went out for a walk, to clear me head, and buy avocardo and tomatoes for my toast. Now, some of you may know this, but I did not, but there is nothing open on Good Friday. Nothing, except Mr. Bun's. Crazy. So i had food there. But wellington without the shops is a very different town. There are still quite alot of people around, but, instead of being roudy, runnning talking or just drunk, they are all asleap. All over the place. I went for a walk along the waterfront, and there were people just sleeping all over the place. It was really cool. Everone just laxed out, enjoying the sun .

Do any of you beleive that the supermarkets should be open on the easter holidays? I don't. Let them have the day off. Sure, I was annoyed that I couldn't get my tomatoe or an avocardo, but fuck it. Everyone was just having a good time, sleeping all over the place. In fact, we should close down everything on a easter holiday . Mr. Bun's, the petrol station, everything. We can all buy some food on thusday and have a picnic on fri, and the nall seista in the sun. Because to see all those people just realxing the day away was amazing.

We all need a break sometime. And its much more fun when everyone is breaking with you.

No comments: