Friday, August 25, 2006

Holidays!

Yes, my real holidays start now. Sure, it has been almost a week since I finished work, but the time since then has been filled with many activities that have stopped me sleeping. The cheif of these being my trip to auckland to see my old time buddy, Spasm.
Now, I am not sure if I had ever been to Auckland before, and it is quite possible that I may have been an Auckland Virgin. The process of becomming a non-Auckland Virgin, is unfortunately, like having so much other man inside you, form behind. No, I do not like Auckland. It is big. In Wellington, you can get pretty much anywhere if you have a spare hour and a pair of legs, but if you wanted to walk across Auckland you had better take a three-seasons sleeping bag and a GPS system. Yes , there are things that simply do not make sense in Auckland. For example, there are seven Starbucks along Queen st. Eve nthe most feindish caffeen addict can go for 200m without shitty coffee from Starbucks. And the roads. We here in the rest of New Zealand pay for Auckland's roads. Auckland could at least have the decency to make use of them in a normal fashion eg: along the ground in grids not hanging in the air, making pretty patterns, or, in one case, vertical. No one needs vertical roads.
But, I did get to see boobies. Yes, Boobs on Bikes happened as we were walking down Queen St. I imagine that is what heaven is like, but with more beer samwhiches.
Anyway, after four days of travel, crowds and hilarity, I am now back in my sweet little hometown of Waipuk, whereeven the locals sometimes wake up and say to themselves: "Wow, this place still exists? I thought nothing ever happened here, and so Waipuk had been trapped in the past with other unwanted relics, such as spirograph."
Of course, no one actually says things like that in waipuk, because they are all stupid.
Well, tangenting aside, I am now able to sleep. Sleep for many many hours. And watch cartoons. My life for the next week will be a carefully balanced schedule between these two events. It is just a shame you cannot do both at once.


Or can you... "DUH DUH DAHHHH!"
Next time on Flan's blog:
Flan finds out you cannot combine cartoons and sleep. Except with Snoopy pajama's.

No comments: