Monday, March 20, 2006

Another weekend, another drunken experiance.

Friday was st. Patricks day. You know that holiday about that saint that nowone knows what he did, perhaps because of all the drinking. I had forgotten about it, but by sheer luck had decided to wear a green shirt anyway. KARMA RULES!
So I set about the long and complicated process of drinking. First went to eastside, got drink. Then to Bodega, Got drunker. Then To kitty o'shae's. This is where the fun started.
There was a live band there, and there was no que to get inside. This was amazing, but it was five o'clock. I had fun dancing to the band, pretty much by myself, but as I said, I was drunk. Drunk, like having heaps of money, means you don't have to worry about much. Then I fell in love.
Ginneus. (I really have to learn how to spell this.) Ginnues, with a rasberry shot. The way my granddad has it. This is the drink of kings. It is wonderful. It is smooth, it is flavoured, it is 6% alcohol. I love it. I love it alot. When I have too much money to know what to do with, it is all I will ever drink.
But the fun don't stop til I drop, and I don't drop easily. I went out looking for a kebab, and instead found a salvation army caravan, giving away free stuff. No catches, just free coffee of juice. Briliance. I spent about half an hour there talking to the two very nice girls who were working the thing. Good times, good times. But it got better.
On the way to the Kebab place, a busker was playing a song I liked on his guitar. When he stopped I asked if he would let me play a set in return for a cig. He agreed, and the next half hour was great. I was too drunk to play anything really good, so basically stuck to Glycerine - Bush and Wonderwall - Oasis. And people gave me money! Ohh yeah! And said hey and crap! God bless you wellington, you all though I was a street bum. And you know, for one glourious half hour, I was.
Then I had a kebab and went home. The kebab was good.

In other news, on sunday I spent $50 dollars on groceries. I havent spent that much money on edibles since I have been in wellington. Avocardo is good. Then I spent $20 on wine. Wine is good. But I haven't drunken my two bottles yet. No. I am starting a wine celler. In my closet. Although I am proably going to have one bottle tonight. It is a Auzzie Shiraz that needs to be drunk, but the Merlot from Hawkes Bay can be kept for another year. Woo!

And tommorow I get paid. Does life get any better?
No. No it does not.

No comments: