Wednesday, March 08, 2006

First day.

Today was my first day at work. at the cafe. where in my last post, I said I was working. DOES ANYBODY READ THIS?
Anyway, I now work in a cafe. On campus. It is good, because it is not far away from where I sleep. It's good.
So I turn up there, and get the quick lowdown on what I am going to be doing. They said
Boss Person: 'Hey this is your till. You press these buttons.' Boss person made a quick hand guesture.
Me: 'Ummm...'
Boss person: 'Then you take tehre money. Money goes in here!'
Me: 'Oh, all right.'
Boss Person: And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.'
Me:' Well, actually...'
But boss person had gone.
I had a few hours grace of looking at the till blankly and figuring things out in my head. Then it was 10am, and a horde of people came in. a hungary horde. All wanting food, but apparently, all unable to read.
Hungry Hoarde: HOW MUCH DO THIS COST?
Me: Im not sure, does it have a lable?
Hungry Horde: DO IT LOOK I BE READING IT! NOT PAID TO? HOW MUCH?
Me: Money? I'll just ask someone...'
Hungary Horde: ME FOOD NOW HURGH!
And so it went on, non stop, for about four hours, untill I point-blank kamehameha'd the next person who asked for a 'double trim soy latte bowl'. Unfortunately, that person turned out to be Brolly. All chaos ensured. Luckilly, at 3pm Neo arrived, beat the fuck out of brolly and made coffee. My saviour. And Harry Potter was arrested. But thats another rant.

But seriously, working wasn't too bad. I only have one 9 hour day, and any other time I have to work it is on;y for three hours. Next week I get to work 20 hours. By my calculation that means I will have A THOUSAND DOLLARS by next pay day.

Now I am off home to soak my feet in meths. Then I shall drink the meths. Then it all begins again.

No comments: